Gail In Dublin

PLEASE CLICK ARCHIVES TO VIEW UPDATES! About Me: Major Change this year. Graduated Uni, retired from competitive swimming, and I've moved to Ireland. Dublin is a city bustling with life, tons of jobs, tons of people in their twenties hanging out and tons of pubs for us all to go to. It's not so difficult living here! So here are my stories of what it's like to move out of your parents house, across the country and over and ocean.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A great blonde moment

It actually happened a few weeks back, but seriously, this blonde moment I'm actually quite proud of.
Bussing to work, sometimes I like to take a little snooze, I mean, its early, and it takes an hour, so might as well.
I often actually wake up before my stop and dont recognise where I am and freak, but so far, I've never missed my stop.
One particular morning, I woke up with a jolt and realised I was in this little village area where I could get stamps, and I was like 1/2 an hour early for work (the busses here are reliably unreliable, no matter what time i get to the bus stop, or what time the bus leaves, it will never get in at the same time, ever.) So I got off the bus, and bought stamps, and went to get on the next bus.
Here comes to moment, I see the 19 and 19A bus pull up at the same time, and I ask the first one if he goes up this street, which I know he doesnt, but you know, I'm an idiot. I got on the wrong bus. Realised it like 5 minutes later, and got off, and walked across the street to catch the 13 to get back to work. Then I got on the 13A, and realised a good while later that in fact that bus did NOT go near my job. I ended up at 20 minute walk from the office, got off and gave up on my ability to take buses anymore. I did get a nice tour of Glasnevin where I work though. I was 20 minutes late, which really, when I was going to 15 minutes early, kinda sucks.
My friends at work also pointed out that when I got on the 13A I was only a 5 minute walk from work. Damn.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well done - you are learning.

An Ex-Canadian

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you 'alan'???
gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home